Tuesday 13 December 2011

Unknown!

I'm in unknown teritory at the moment! Let me explain..... I never actually want to be in hospital let me get that clear but I have always been quick ish to get myself in there to sort out any infection. I have been having iv's every 4 to 6 weeks all year until I had Jayden. As it stands it has been over 5 months since I had iv's as last lot was when I had Jayden.

I have not been sleeping properly for a week and when I struggle to rest properly I can never get sputum off my chest. So the last few days I have gradually got worse and worse to the point I rang the hospital and put my name down for a bed. Last thing I wanted was to be super poorly for xmas. I was told there was 5 people infront of me waiting for a bed so it would be the end of the week (this was on a monday). I had a great sleep last night and woke up feeling a different person. Clearing the sputum I needed to clear and had some energy again YAY!! I felt that much better for the first time in my life I rang the hospital back up and cancelled my bed!

As a little side note I would like to mention my Mum..... She gave up a high paid job to spend more time with her family and we are all very very proud of her. We would all much rather have her time than her money and after druming it into her for years she finally listened to someone else lol! And she walked out with her head held high. It was a huge step into the unknown for her but we have had a great time since she quit, going shopping and for lunch and generally spending lots of time together. Me and my Mum don't always see eye to eye as we are soooo similar but since she quit her job she has been a different person :o) I have loved spending time with her and I'm looking forward to many more hours shopping and lunching! Well done Mum you are a star.... All your grandkids are gonna love seeing you more xx

Anyway back to my point.... So I rang and cancelled my bed and went shopping with Mum and Livvy to get some more xmas pressies and managed to walk around for about 4 hours. Usually when I have felt really poorly I have just stayed at home and not do anything but if I can keep active and as soon as I feel better I will get exercising again.

I am really stepping into the unknown with knowing what my limits are as I am not giving into CF anymore. I am not letting it stop me from doing things with my Mum, kids, hubby or anything else cos my quality of life has massively improved since I upped my fitness and I refuse to go backwards. I can't wait to get back to the gym but for the next week or 2 I am quite happy to get my fitness from spending money walking around shopping and eating lots of nice goodies for xmas.

So I don't know what's gonna happen but I know I'm the best I have been in a very long time so, yes you guessed it.... Onwards and Upwards baby!!! Xx
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment