Thursday 3 February 2011

Never A Quiet Life!

If my life wasn't full of ups and downs it would be very boring but sometimes more ups would be nicer.....

So a week after I found out I was pregnant I was having tummy cramps and so I went to the doctors and they arranged a scan for me. We went to worcester hospital to the Early Pregnancy Unit and had our scan. Everything looked normal and they dated me at around 5 weeks. They could see the yolk and sac which is normal for this stage. So all was good and we went home.

Things started to go wrong when we walked in the door. It was 10 days since Livvy had her MMR jab and had been warned she could have side effects but nothing major just a temperature. Well she was shaking from head to toe and slightly blue around her mouth. We just couldn't get her temperature down even though she was dosed up on medecine. We just gave her loads of cuddles and tryied to keep her as cool and comfortable as possible. She went to bed and at 9pm I was feeling exhaused and went to bed myself. I checked on Livvy as usual before going to bed as she was being slightly restless and when I went in she was shaking from head to toe uncontrolably and didn't even move when I walked in.

I have never ever ever contemplated having Livvy in bed with us but that night I didn't want her out of my sight as never seen her like that before. I took her into our bedroom and in the light you could see she was blue on her lips, hands and feet. Instantly I got the number for NHS direct to get some advice. The person andswered and took all of the details and said she was going to put me through to a nurse. By this time she was blue around her cheeks, legs, nails and pretty much everywhere :o( so I told the nurse this and she called an ambulance straight away. I broke down on the phone as I was terrified. My poor little angel had to go in the ambulance which blue lighted its way to Worcester hospital while she was on oxygen. Her oxygen levels were low but by the time we got there they checked again and they were fine and she had perked up too.

The doctor came and asked a few questions and said he can't see anything wrong with her and it was probably the jabs that caused the reaction. The doctor was a bit of an idiot and annoyed the hell out of all of us!! Chris wanted to give him a kick up the ass lol.....

So we took her home about 1 in the morning. She went blue again but not as bad about 4am and then again at 9am and then that was the worst over with. She just kept picking up from then on. That was over a week ago and she has only just got back to normal today. Me and Chris were terrified seeing her so poorly and being so helpless. I am just glad she is better.

Poor Chris is either gonna go grey or have a heart attack with me and Livvy testing his emotions! 2 ambulances called in just over a month. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger lol!! This is why it makes me slightly annoyed when people think they have issues when really they haven't got a clue. I know there are a hell of alot of people out there that have it tougher than us. I'm glad my life is not straightforward else i wouldn't cherish and appreciate all the little things that make life amazing and worthwhile :o)

This week has been pretty chilled out apart from I had a bleed on tuesday morning and had to go for another scan to make sure the baby was ok. They told me I was about 5 weeks and 5 days pregnant and due on 29th September. Thats 3 days after Livvys birthday!!!! AND we got to see the heartbeat good and strong :o) only seems like yesterday we were doing that for Livvy's scans.

I'm still doing my treatments and chest feels really really great. I have started to get a belly already which is lovely but is making me wonder how big i'm going to get this time!

Bye for now xxx
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 comment:

  1. I always get choked up when I call NHS direct and the send an ambulance, or I have to call one directly, while you can cope with the situation, suddenly phoning for a medical vehicle which has flashing lights speeds and makes noises just turns all your emotions up a few notches.

    Glad she is ok now.

    ReplyDelete