Wednesday 2 March 2011

Busy Day!

Usually when I am in hospital time absolutely drags and I end up climbing the walls! But yesterday was hectic for treatment purposes and today was busy for a few reasons.....

Firstly I had a scan booked for 11.30 so that we could check to see if little Pea was ok as I had a slight bleed last week and a few pains. So my Dad brought Chris and Livvy over to the hospital so we could all be there.

The scan was great! :o) very quick cos it wasn't a routine scan but we got a picture and reassurance that everything was fine. Whenever I had a scan with Livvy she never used to stay still and was always moving around like a nutter but Pea was very chilled and never moved so maybe it's a boy? Hmmmm I really don't know what sex this one is but it will be great either way :o)

As I came out of my scan my long term friend Snazy had come up and decided to surprise me with a visit which was really lovely :o) it was nice to have company as the day goes so much quicker!!

Snazy gave Chris and Livvy a lift home and not long after the physio's came in to test my lung function. Lung function is an essential part of keeping check on my CF and the state of my lungs. They work out the percentage of capacity compared to a normal person with my height and age etc. GREAT news today!!! All the treatment I have been doing has paid off big time as had the best lung function in a year. I am so proud of myself and so happy that the treatment has worked wonders and now its proved in the figures :o) I told all my family and they are all chuffed.

Then just to finish the day off nicely the doctor came in and gave me a questionnaire to fill in to help with a study and I took the apportunity to ask about going home! I waited to see what my lung function was before I asked hehe..... He said that they are happy for my to go either tomorrow or friday!! YAY! I can't wait to get back to normality at home and into my own bed. The beds in here are terrible on my back and also I don't have my hubby to give me cuddles all night. Oh and most importantly I can't wake up in the morning and go into Livvy's room to see a big welcoming smile. I miss that and can't wait to see her cute morning face again.

Only downside today is that Livvy refused to look at me nearly the whole time she was here. She really doesn't understand why I leave and then she sees me in this strange place. I am lookin forward to being able to explain that I have to go but I will be back very soon. I just have to try and not take it to heart but today has been a great day so i'm not letting anything get me down :o) xxx
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 comment:

  1. Great news that you will be home so soon Kim. This Snazy sounds a great guy, bless him lol.
    Was lovely to see you all and no problem taking the family home. Sorry I was somewhat zombified when I was there, not great conversation I know lol, but that's what 30+ hours with no sleep does.

    As for Livvy I'm sure she was just having a daddy day. You are right she won't understand what's going on, but the great thing is she won't be taking it to heart either. You will all be a family again soon enough.

    ReplyDelete