Thursday 31 May 2012

Owe An Update! And What An Update It Is!

I knew May would be busy but WOW it has been crazy :oD

Firstly, London with Chris was absolutely amazing from start to finish. We were blessed to be able to go down there and do the things we did! Including eating rabbit which was SO nice but not for everyone I guess :op Thank you to the Willow Foundation for organising the trip and making it special.

Then I had my birthday which didn't really go to plan as I ended up going into hospital. Worst part of it was not seeing the kids but due to my training and focus I begged to get home and was home after just 2 nights in there. Lung function was pants but they gave me some new inhaler and tablet to try. Over a week later my lung function went up to 69% which made the hard work worthwhile!

My training had been going well regardless of ending up in hospital so when it came to doing the 9km walk to raise money for the Cystic Fibrosis Trust I was quite confident. The only issue I had was the fact we had a heat wave which we were not expecting at all!! We raised an amazing £1600 in just over a month which was mind blowing! It felt good for me raise money for the CFT as not done anything to raise money since I was very young. A huge thanks go to Mum for asking the golf club she is a member of to help out which resulted in raising £453!! My father in law for making sure I had everything organised with military precision which helped loads, Aimee who has CF also and is a very good friend and Jemma for doing the walk together and motivating me on the way around when it got a bit difficult! And offering physio when I was coughing my lungs up lol ;o) , my hubby and children for motivating me, my family who turned up to cheer me on, everyone who sponsored and believed in us! We smashed the walk to pieces and completed it in 1 hour and 20 minutes :oD Well done us! Think the best bit was Livvy running up to me as we were finishing and giving me a huge cuddle and walking over the line holding her hand. Really did make the finish perfect :o)

A quick mention to a certain midwife I know who has a son that has CF and I finally got to meet him which really choked me up. It's taken a while but loved meeting little Ethan he is fab! And one of my close friend's (who passed away) family who do the walk every year in memory of DanStar, you guys made the day so special seeing his little face on your t-shirts and chatting about him afterwards.

All in all I am so proud of me and Aimee for doing that walk. We were both unwell but we were never ever going to let ourselves fail as it is not in our nature. Another quick message to Caroline, you did AMAZING! She finished the walk on oxygen but she never gave up :oD xx

Completely changing the subject I want to say a huge thank you to Kelly my cousin for really pampering and treating me by taking me to a spa thingy then for lunch! I had my first ever facial which was soooo good! Still couldn't shut up talking when they were doing that hehe ooops :o) Going back there soon to have a massage and I can't bloody wait! Love you smelly xx

I have noticed such a huge difference in my body due to my training. I haven't felt this strong in a long time. I am still waiting for my lungs to catch up as they are still really giving me grief but the doctors have said to keep going as I will start noticing a difference. I just want to stay out of hospital longer and I will be happy. Me and Chris took the kids swimming yesterday and I haven't managed that since Livvy was 1 year old so that is priceless to me. Both my children are fearless in the water and I was so so proud of them both and made me realise how quickly they are growing up! Scary!

I will shut up now but one last thing to mention is that me and Aimee along with my sister and Jemma are going to do the Bupa Great Birmingham Run at the end of october. We are raising money for the ward we go to which is Ward 26, Heartlands Hospital. Yes we are slightly crazy but we are determined enough to make this happen just like we did with the 5 miles we just did, only this time its 13 miles! EEEEEEKKKK!! Will put up the link to our sponsorship page once its set up and would greatly appreciate any support people reading this can give us. We are going to need it!

Pics to follow and thanks for reading xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment